[SURBL-Discuss] Spammer threatening to sue single4you.net

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Mon Sep 27 01:06:49 CEST 2004

Joe Wein, quoting Christian Schiffer, wrote to SURBL Discussion list:

CS> We will therefore sue you not only for the business lost in the future
CS> but also for the business lost in the past. You are looking at a
CS> multimillion dollar lawsuit; I hope you can afford that.

BWAHAHAHA! His domain is 188 days old, and, as near as I can tell, was
listed in WS on September 4th, which was 22 days ago. So, if
"multi-million" means, at minimum, $2M, SURBL cost him, on average, $90K
per *day*. I'd really like to see his business model. (Actually, I'd
also really love to confirm that SURBL cost a spammer that much money!
:-)

CS> I also suspect you working for the completion and our law firm will
CS> investigate that too.

"working for the completion"? Does he mean "working for the
competition?" Heh.

CS> Should you choose not too submit to our demands within the hour this
CS> will be your loss. I can assure you that we will take any action
CS> possible within the law to bring you down, both financial and
CS> personal, for trying to wreck our business.

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHA!!

Best case, the guy will go bankrupt trying to convince his lawyers to
"bring you down", while you ignore him. Probably, though, he'll just go
away after awhile. "Within the hour" is especially cute, given the
timestamp of his message: