[SURBL-Discuss] OB FPs

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com
Mon Sep 27 03:20:38 CEST 2004

[please cc me, I'm not on this list]

Alex Broens [25/09/04 12:53 +0200]:
> While I always read how reliable OB should be, of the few WL requests
> I've triggered, all except 1 were from OB.
>
> These were pretty ugly ones indeed, an Adobe child site, a Genuine
> abused Webmail site, etc, etc.

Our data feed is rather larger than usual, being spam complaints from our
users, from which we try to identify brand new domains that keep getting
referenced in spam.

So, we block rather more domains than most people do.

Ham sites can get blocked - for example, an abused webmail site can and will
be found in lots of spam reports and sometimes if the webmail service is new
enough there will be zero ham for us to cross reference things with, as the
site might have more bot created spammer users than regular / legit users.

If these get blocked, please let us know / feel free to whitelist and we'll
investigate it (and fix it if it hasn't been fixed yet)

        --srs

--
suresh ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com gpg # EDEDEFB9
manager, security & antispam operations, outblaze limited