[SPAM-TAG] [SURBL-Discuss] Spammer threatening to sue single4yet

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Mon Sep 27 16:52:35 CEST 2004

Chris Santerre wrote to 'Jeff Chan' and 'SURBL Discussion list':

>> Thanks Joe.  Hopefully he's learned his lesson.
>
> What the hell?? I just read this whole thread! I would not have taken
> this guy off! No way in hell!!!!! Ray, add this yahoo to UC please!

Well, first off, you probably meant "Ryan". Second, single4you.net has
been in UC for for days already.  :-)

> The domain is brand new, sends spam, and screams about getting listed!
> How the hell can he be legit! Did you guys read the NANAS listings
> that showed his wonderful emails?
>
> These are just the ones reported. He 'purchased' a list. So none of
> these were opt in.

Agreed! Don't forget the temporal aspect of SURBL. It *was* a spammer
domain, but that doesn't mean it still *is* a spammer domain.

> This is not the last we will hear of this guy. I think taking him off
> is a mistake. And IF he does it again, I'll report his a$$ to every
> RBL I can find, simply because you guys removed this idiot.

Well, I'm not worried about it at all, because if he has really cleaned
up his act, we won't hear from him again. Otherwise, if I get confirmed
fresh spam for single4you.net, I'll happily spend the 3 seconds it takes
to re-list, as I'm sure would many people who have read this thread. ;-)
I'll be watching my daily GetURI runs very, very closely. :-)

> --Chris (Jaded, fed up, and tired of the BS.)

Even while following this thread yesterday, I whitelisted 45 domains,
and listed 24 new ones, from a ~6 hour corpus. I'm not going to let a
little bit of BS about *one* measly domain ruin my fun.

I know, I had to damn near swallow my own tongue before I recommended
de-listing them, but, the point is, if we aren't responsive to the odd
site possibly changing their act, SURBL (and even UC) will be useless.

- Ryan

--
   Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

         Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon