[SURBL-Discuss] Public DNS of test lists going away 9/30/04: ds, jp and pj.surbl.org (Was: stopping ds.surbl.org service)

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Sep 28 10:20:58 CEST 2004

On Monday, September 27, 2004, 7:13:30 AM, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
>> ds.surbl.org was an experimental list which is no longer getting
>> any hits.  We were serving it on a few name servers as a separate
>> test list.  I'd like to shut it down.  Does anyone have any
>> comments about doing that?

> No, since its not updated anyway, its ok, if we decide to start testing we
> could always reenter the zonefiles. Please schedule an announcement if
> there are no further objections, then i'll clean out the rsync also.

Since the only place we announced ds was here on the discussion
list I'll assume that announcing it here will be enough.

So let's propose that we get rid of ds after Thursday 9/30/04.

Since I'm not seeing any DNS hits on it I assume it should be ok.

Likewise, I think the only places we mentioned pj.surbl.org
and jp.surbl.org as test lists was here.  Let's ask anyone
using those in the public DNS to change over to multi.surbl.org
bitmask 64 instead and get rid of them on 9/30 also.

AFIAK only you and Theo were using the public DNS to test PJ/JP.
I'll take a look at where the current queries are coming from
and contact any off list who aren't you or Theo.  ;-)

Anyone who wants to keep using them as separate lists could set
them up as rsynced rbldnsd or BIND local mirrors, though I don't
see too much reason to do that since JP is in multi now.  It's
better for everyone to use multi.

BTW, I just realized JP sounds like Japan, which may be trivially
confusing.  ;-)  It's also perhaps a little ironic since Joe lives
in Japan....