[SURBL-Discuss] Re: [SURBL-Announce] ANNOUNCE: ccTLDs in two-level-tlds file updated somewhat

Leonardo Helman surbl at lists.com.ar
Tue Sep 28 14:23:02 CEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:19:32AM -0700, Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Monday, September 27, 2004, 1:34:47 PM, Leonardo Helman wrote:
> > The university (uba) is managing their own domain.
>
> > Their homepage is www.uba.ar, the people
> > who is taking care of this is:
> > <http://www.ccc.uba.ar/servicios.htm>
>
> > and the educ.ar domain is administered by ministry of education
> > www.educ.ar
>
> > Where me is Ministerio de Educacion (ministry of education),
> > and mcye: Ministerio de educacion, ciencia y tecnologia (education, science
> > and technology, or something a little different, because we (country)
> > have changed those names a few times)
>
> > <http://www.educ.ar/educar/institucional/>
>

> > If you wan't me to translate any of this, send me a private mail.
>
> > We also have ba.ar, cb.ar rn.ar and all our provinces, but
> > I think we are not using those.
>
> Question: Do these offer registrations under uba.ar, educ.ar,
> etc.  In other words can a school, etc. get a child domain
> delegated from them?
In the case of uba.ar, they certainly do. But only for other
university schools/departments.

Some of them ar:
 econ.uba.ar (economics)
 fsoc.uba.ar (social sciences)
 fvet.uba.ar (veterinary)
 fder.uba.ar (laws)
 fi.uba.ar   (engineering)
 fmed.uba.ar (medical)
 agro.uba.ar
 fadu.uba.ar

and so on...

I really don't know about educ.ar, if I have to do a VERY wild guess, I
would say, they don't have sub domains, but, you'll never know.