[SURBL-Discuss] surbl and squid

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Sep 29 11:17:35 CEST 2004

Hey,

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just adapted an old script I use with squid to remove
> unwanted ads to use surbl...

I was running something like this a few months back and was shot out of
the sky by Jeff. At the time reason given was that this is not what
SURBL is meant for and this is not how it should be used. I agree. If
you have SURBL running on inbound email, none of the offending URI
should make it though anyway.

Situations changed ? Also, there seem to be a few more DNS hosts serving
out SURBL thesedays - could these handle a mass adoption at web access
level ?

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/