[SURBL-Discuss] Re: [SURBL-Announce] ANNOUNCE: ccTLDs in two-level-tlds file updated somewhat

Mariano Absatz el.baby at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:37:58 CEST 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:23:02 -0300, Leonardo Helman <surbl at lists.com.ar> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:19:32AM -0700, Jeff Chan wrote:
> > On Monday, September 27, 2004, 1:34:47 PM, Leonardo Helman wrote:
> > > The university (uba) is managing their own domain.
> >
> > > Their homepage is www.uba.ar, the people
> > > who is taking care of this is:
> > > <http://www.ccc.uba.ar/servicios.htm>
> >
> > > and the educ.ar domain is administered by ministry of education
> > > www.educ.ar
> >
> > > Where me is Ministerio de Educacion (ministry of education),
> > > and mcye: Ministerio de educacion, ciencia y tecnologia (education, science
> > > and technology, or something a little different, because we (country)
> > > have changed those names a few times)
> >
> > > <http://www.educ.ar/educar/institucional/>
> >

> > > If you wan't me to translate any of this, send me a private mail.
> >
> > > We also have ba.ar, cb.ar rn.ar and all our provinces, but
> > > I think we are not using those.
> >
> > Question: Do these offer registrations under uba.ar, educ.ar,
> > etc.  In other words can a school, etc. get a child domain
> > delegated from them?
> In the case of uba.ar, they certainly do. But only for other
> university schools/departments.
>
> Some of them ar:
> econ.uba.ar (economics)
> fsoc.uba.ar (social sciences)
> fvet.uba.ar (veterinary)
> fder.uba.ar (laws)
> fi.uba.ar   (engineering)
> fmed.uba.ar (medical)
> agro.uba.ar
> fadu.uba.ar
>
> and so on...
>
> I really don't know about educ.ar, if I have to do a VERY wild guess, I
> would say, they don't have sub domains, but, you'll never know.

Hi... I've been at the Ministerio de Educación and at educ.ar some 4/5
years ago.

AFAIK, educ.ar doesn't delegate subdomains.
esc.edu.ar DOES delegate to schools
uba.ar only delegates 'internally' within its own structure
provincial 2nd level domains ARE NOT USED in Argentina.

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby
el (dot) baby (AT) gmail (dot) com