[SURBL-Discuss] Help classify quickinspirations.com

Patrik Nilsson patrik at patrik.com
Wed Sep 29 21:58:38 CEST 2004

At 15:11 2004-09-29 -0400, Chris Santerre wrote:
>quickinspirations.com
>Thoughts on this guy? 48 NANAS hits. Listed in dnsbl.njabl.org

As well as in:
http://spews.org/html/S1436.html

>Didn't we already classify this?

I can find a whitelisting email from Jeff, but not the original
whitelisting request. Seems to be lost in my archives.

>I wonder if we can get a crossref lookup of
>the global whitelist, so we can see what has already been whitelisted.
>
>I belive this is a spammer in sheeps clothing. But it fools people into
>signing up for a stupid inspiration newsletter. But the subjects of the
>newsletter are stuff like:
>Subject: Get a Credit Report Instantly!
>Then a inspiration quote, then a big ad. I think we may see more of this in
>the future.
>I think it is a UC candidate. Do we have enough listed in UC for testing
>yet?

I think it's a surbl candidate.
Why was it whitelisted?
Any actual examples of it showing up in real ham, rather than only in
"fooled into signing up for" spam?

Patrik