[SURBL-Discuss] Most often "hit" SURBL domains

Rob McEwen rob at powerviewsystems.com
Thu Sep 30 03:03:32 CEST 2004

Jeff said:

>Note also the
>repeated DNS queries on the same domain are hopefully cached
>by the local resolver at least within the positive caching TTL.
>...Perhaps this is an experiment you could
>try (to check the positive caching behavior) for us

Good point, Jeff. I'll check into this.

However, I still think my idea may be more efficient overall because some
non-hits will be checked with each message sometimes before the "guilty" URI
is found. If a spammer purposely adds a variety of non-spams, either through
purposeful poisoning, or incidentally via other typical obfuscation or
"mixing it up" techniques... then this could mean a large variety of URIs
looked up which could have been avoided??

Or, is this scenario I describe far fetched and not representative of what
would actually happen?

Rob McEwen