[SURBL-Discuss] Help classify quickinspirations.com

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Sep 30 04:34:53 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, September 29, 2004, 4:39:48 PM, Rob McEwen wrote:
>> >quickinspirations.com

> I get a lot of quickinspirations.com spams sent to my server which I
> custom-block.

> Here is my rational for blocking them:

> Their e-mails are worded as if the user has subscribed to them... but there
> is NO WAY POSSIBLE that soooooo many of my clients, many of whom work in
> different offices, different industries, and don't even know each other...
> no way in hell ALL of these people subscribed to quickinspirations.com

> Therefore, there is a sort of dishonesty thing going here that, in my view,
> puts quickinspirations.com "over the top"

Most of these sites have open subscription forms, which invites
abuse.  If they have any kind of incentive programs for
"affiliates" or anything like that, then that plus open
subscriptions would *beg* for abuse.

That said, SBL does not list quickinspirations.com name servers
or web site, etc.   But NJABL does, and so do some others.

Looks like they're part of euniverse.

> quickinspirations.com is easy to miss because many of their e-mails look so
> innocent and are not trying to sell anything. But don't let this fool you...
> they add a big-time sales pitch into the mix every several e-mails (with
> some minor sales pitches along the way).

Can you provide an example of one of those?