[SURBL-Discuss] Help classify quickinspirations.com

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Sep 30 06:54:20 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, September 29, 2004, 7:34:53 PM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> Most of these sites have open subscription forms, which invites
> abuse.  If they have any kind of incentive programs for
> "affiliates" or anything like that, then that plus open
> subscriptions would *beg* for abuse.

> That said, SBL does not list quickinspirations.com name servers
> or web site, etc.   But NJABL does, and so do some others.

OK I took a look at the NANAS hits, and all quickinspirations
mail seems to be sent from the same /27:

64.37.73.212  64.37.73.221  64.37.73.218  64.37.73.214
64.37.73.211  64.37.73.217 ...

So if you block 64.37.73.192/27 or RBL it, ***you'll probably
never see any mail from quickinspirations ever again***.

Since these can be trivially blocked using regular RBLs or access
lists these probably aren't great SURBL candidates to begin with.

The same cannot be said of spammers using zombies.