[SURBL-Discuss] Help classify quickinspirations.com

Chris Santerre csanterre at merchantsoverseas.com
Thu Sep 30 16:58:44 CEST 2004

And anyone else who might be hosted on thos servers. :)

>Since these can be trivially blocked using regular RBLs or access
>lists these probably aren't great SURBL candidates to begin with.

Trivial yes, but some people may prefer to use SURBL for this as it is
'safer' because it only blocks based on the domain. You yourself have said
this about IPs.

>The same cannot be said of spammers using zombies.

Yes, but we are targeting spammers, not just spammers using zombies :)

I'm wondering if we relist it, how long it would be until we heard someone
complain. I'm only making this kind of a big deal because I think we will
see this method grow.

Hell what is to stop the spammer from getting his sister to complain to us
that she signed up for this newsletter and it needs to be whitelisted?
Something to consider is weighting the whitelist requests for domains that
don't feel right like this one. One request for a domain like this may not
cut the mustard. 3...OK.

--Chris