[SURBL-Discuss] Blogs still using SURBL?

Matthew Hunter matthew at infodancer.org
Thu Sep 30 22:27:23 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 03:21:43PM -0500, Matthew Hunter <matthew at infodancer.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 03:34:07PM -0400, Chris Santerre <csanterre at merchantsoverseas.com> wrote:
> > I remember there was some excitement that blogers had code to check links
> > posted against SURBL. Is that still being used? I figured that would be
> > bigger news.
>
> I'm still using it.  In fact I was watching the spammers hit my
> blogs earlier this week. Hundreds of attempts in a few days, and
> they all failed miserably, because I added the domain they were
> attempting on the very first attempt.  It inspired me to change
> the error message for a spam reject to "Rot in Hell, spammer!",
> which should give you an idea of how much I like the results.

I should point out that I am using a custom local blacklist, thus
using the SURBL protocol but not the SURBL lists.  The domains
that were spamming me were not in multi.surbl.org at the time I
set it up.

--
Matthew Hunter (matthew at infodancer.org)
Public Key: http://matthew.infodancer.org/public_key.txt