[SURBL-Discuss] FP: smithbarney.com

Patrik Nilsson patrik at patrik.com
Thu Sep 30 23:18:28 CEST 2004

At 17:01 2004-09-30 -0400, Rob McEwen wrote:
>Patrick,
>
>You make some good points!
>
>But I still think that my idea is valid because I suspect that it may help
>us to find one or two more egregious FPs (like smithbarney.com). Would that
>not make this idea very worthwhile?

I don't think that more extensive whitelistings is the answer to current FP
problems.
Less "didn't even check nanas/sbl/the actual site" listings is a much
better way to handle that problem, at least for WS.
We can not solve the FP problem by using even more whitelistings. It will
just create a new problem of FWLs - False White Listings.

>Also, do you know of a better traffic ranking list?

Yes I do, but as the level of traffic doesn't correspond to the level of
non-spamminess, I really don't think it's relevant in this context.

Patrik