[SURBL-Discuss] More spams with Zdnet redirector

List Mail User track at Plectere.com
Wed Apr 6 09:56:53 CEST 2005

>Replying to my own mail, Zdnet finally seems to have taken care of its
>redirector. The link
>"http://chkpt.zdnet.com/chkpt/howbad/rdx56.info/p/yo" that appeared in
>the spam is now not being redirected it shows a message
>
>"Forbidden to relay request through this server"
>
>finally they seem to have taken care of this.
>

>Rakesh wrote:
>
>> Guys
>>
>> Seems Zdnet doesn't bothers about its open redirectors as yet. This is
>> a spam that I trapped just 5 mins back. Spammers are enjoying using
>> these openredirectors.
>>
>> Can any one send a reminder to Zdnet of this redirector.
>>
>> The Spam .......
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Wanna get up 4 times in one night, well we've got the answer for you,
>> check
>> us out at http://chkpt.zdnet.com/chkpt/howbad/rdx56.info/p/yo
>>

>--
>Regards,
>Rakesh B. Pal
>Emergic CleanMail Team.
>Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
>
>--
>Revolutions do not require corporate support.

	I have to repeat, send copies of your spam to the editors

	They are now applying an proprietary spam filter to the redirector.

Try http://chkpt.zdnet.com/chkpt/howbad/www.google.com/

or for the more daring

Try http://chkpt.zdnet.com/chkpt/howbad/www.wiurrc.mfdi.beeiturmoi.com/
(drug spam - no porn - no pictures -- but "kiddie porn" at Yahoo! works also)

	and watch it work.

	They have stated that they "are providing a service".  Until we all
trust that their spam filtering is as good as any that anyone of us might do,
they are basically an open relay and should be treated as such!

	Jeff, please reconsider and list them until it is REALLY fixed.

	As far as I can tell, they only block the sites which they have
received specific complaints about.  This policy SUCKS.

	Paul Shupak
	track at plectere.com

Closing the door after the animals are already free *does not* count!