[SURBL-Discuss] More spams with Zdnet redirector

Patrik Nilsson patrik at patrik.com
Thu Apr 7 22:32:58 CEST 2005

At 17:49 2005-04-06 -0700, Jeff Chan wrote:
>It's possible to list subdomains, but this one chkpt.zdnet.com
>would still probably not be appropriate since it probably has
>legitimate uses.

"probably"?.
Is there any evidence of chkpt.zdnet.com actually appearing in ham?
There is plenty of evidence of it appearing in spam, but I have not seen
any example of it appearing in ham.

>Also subdomains may not be checked by SURBL applications.

What I am actually asking is "Should we maybe change our current policy and
actively encourage that appplications and listings consider sub-domains of
certain domains in a similar way to how some country subdomains are already
treated, and if so, should this be something that is updated from an
on-line source".

Patrik