[SURBL-Discuss] avsMUNGED-gold.com

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Apr 12 16:59:34 CEST 2005

On Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 7:38:34 AM, Lindsay Snider wrote:
> I received a spam from avsMUNGED-gold.com.  They are a porn site and all signs
> lead to blocking them except how long their domain has been around and the
> lack of information showing up in the tools  I didn't block them.
> Comments?

> Lindsay

They seem to be hosted on dtag.de, which is not a usual haven for
spammers.  Their servers are not on SBL or common RBLs.  No
NANAS.  2002 registration:

   Domain Name: AVS-GOLD.COM
   Registrar: DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
   Whois Server: whois.registrar.telekom.de
   Referral URL: http://www.registrar.telekom.de
   Name Server: PNS.DTAG.DE
   Name Server: SECONDARY000.DTAG.NET
   Updated Date: 06-aug-2004
   Creation Date: 05-aug-2002
   Expiration Date: 05-aug-2005

Doesn't look like a typical blackhat spammer.