[SURBL-Discuss] avsMUNGED-gold.com

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Apr 13 02:01:50 CEST 2005

On Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 7:59:34 AM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 7:38:34 AM, Lindsay Snider wrote:
>> I received a spam from avsMUNGED-gold.com.  They are a porn site and all signs
>> lead to blocking them except how long their domain has been around and the
>> lack of information showing up in the tools  I didn't block them.
>> Comments?

>> Lindsay

> They seem to be hosted on dtag.de, which is not a usual haven for
> spammers.  Their servers are not on SBL or common RBLs.  No
> NANAS.  2002 registration:

>    Domain Name: AVS-GOLD.COM
>    Registrar: DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
>    Whois Server: whois.registrar.telekom.de
>    Referral URL: http://www.registrar.telekom.de
>    Name Server: PNS.DTAG.DE
>    Name Server: SECONDARY000.DTAG.NET
>    Updated Date: 06-aug-2004
>    Creation Date: 05-aug-2002
>    Expiration Date: 05-aug-2005

> Doesn't look like a typical blackhat spammer.

Note that I'm not saying they're not spammers, just that it's not
a typical host for spammers.

Also since they're in Germany on the German phone company's
network it's possible that reporting abuse to them *may* have
more success than say reporting abuse to Korea.

Lindsay,
Have you tried complaining to:

% whois -h whois.abuse.net DTAG.DE
abuse at t-ipnet.de (for dtag.de)