Ten year registration limit (was Re: [SURBL-Discuss] Re: New redirector: www.nate.com)

List Mail User track at Plectere.com
Thu Apr 14 15:41:49 CEST 2005

>List Mail User wrote:
>
>> gabia.com-munged
>> http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/lookup.php?domain=gabia.com
>
>ACK, that's also the first time that I heard about any "ICANN
>10 years limit" for the expiration of com-domains.  And here
>it's apparently the reason for a whois-RFCI-entry, which RfC
>could that be ?  Not RfC 1591 or RfC 1032 (looking for "exp").
>
>> Its good to know people do read
>
>I'm a RFCI+SURBL+SPF-fan ;-)  Bye, Frank

	Frank,

	Sorry it took me so long to get back - I've been busy;  But I just
found another violation of the same rule:) and it took a little more sigging
than I expected (almost 20 minutes).

	The ten year rule can be found in the document at:

	http://www.internic.net/faqs/domain-names.html

Under the heading "How long does a registration last? Can it be renewed?",
about 1/3 of the way through the document.  It applies to all domain
registrations.

	Paul Shupak
	track at plectere.com

P.S.  The new violator is the NIC for ".nu" - i.e. nic.nu.