[SURBL-Discuss] avsMUNGED-gold.com

List Mail User track at Plectere.com
Thu Apr 14 21:53:28 CEST 2005

>Hello!   Sorry for the slow response, I was away yesterday.
>
>> Have you tried complaining to:
>>
>> % whois -h whois.abuse.net DTAG.DE
>> abuse at t-ipnet.de (for dtag.de)
>> sls.dk-cc at telekom.de (for dtag.de)
>
>I reported it to abuse at nic.telekom.de the owner of the ip 62.157.174.118 I
>received the email from.  After seeing this email, I also reported it to the
>two addresses you suggested.
>

>> If so, what did they say?
>
>sls.dk-cc at telekom.de was accepted and then bounced by an exchange server.  No
>word back yet from abuse at nic.telekom.de or abuse at t-ipnet.de

	Jeff,

	Send the bounce to update at abuse.net, which should get it deleted.
(Note: Following their own guidelines - do *not* send the spam and edit
the message to just show the bounce - they may even insist on a 5xx code
instead of a 4xx - I just don't know).  An abuse.net address that bounces
is in my opinion a better sign that a company is ill-behaved than just abuse@
bouncing.  Maybe I'll code some rules for the DNS interface to abuse.net
(there is example Perl code at http://abuse.net/using.phtml).

>> Jeff C.
>> --
>> "If it appears in hams, then don't list it."

	Paul Shupak
	track at plectere.com