[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: How to use new data source: URIs advertised through CBL-listed senders

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Tue Apr 19 11:35:37 CEST 2005

John Wilcock wrote:
> Logically the lower levels would have higher FP rates, but can be given
> lower SA scores (or equivalent weightings in other client apps)

For that matter, it occurs to me that it could actually be a *good*
thing if an obscure but legitimate domain gets listed at the lower
levels of a multi-level system due to being mentioned in a big spam run,
as its presence would, albeit temporarily, be a sign of spamminess.
This logic wouldn't apply for more commonly-mentioned legitimate
domains, but those will be on the SURBL whitelist anyway.

Obviously this only holds in the context of a weighted scoring system
such as SpamAssassin, not one which excludes messages outright.

John.

--
-- Over 2500 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr