[SPAM-TAG] Re: [SURBL-Discuss] Redirectors and SURBLs

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Apr 19 14:25:12 CEST 2005

On Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 5:13:33 AM, Rakesh Rakesh wrote:
> Ok I checked this with the latest snapshot version of spamassassin
> (SpamAssassin version 3.1.0-r161778)

> it works if the redirector is like

> https://www.g00dl1fe.com/42.asp/http:/sheenier.net/soft/

> or

> https://www.g00dl1fe.com/42.asp/http://sheenier.net/soft/

>  0.6 URIBL_SBL              Contains an URL listed in the SBL blocklist
>                             [URIs: g00dl1fe.com sheenier.net]
>  2.0 URIBL_AB_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the AB SURBL blocklist
>                             [URIs: sheenier.net]
>  1.6 URIBL_JP_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL blocklist
>                             [URIs: g00dl1fe.com sheenier.net]
>  0.5 URIBL_WS_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the WS SURBL blocklist
>                             [URIs: g00dl1fe.com sheenier.net]
>  2.0 URIBL_OB_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL blocklist
>                             [URIs: g00dl1fe.com sheenier.net]
>  3.9 URIBL_SC_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the SC SURBL blocklist
>                             [URIs: g00dl1fe.com sheenier.net]

Thanks much for the check!

> But it fails to extract the "rdx56.info" from the redirector of Zdnet.

>  http://chkpt.zdnet.com/chkpt/howbad/rdx56.info/p/yo

> where rdx50.info is listed in JP, WS, OB and SC surbls

> I think we need to work on FQDN appearing as string in the url.

Indeed, that would be good general solution to the problem, if
somewhat resource intensive unless redirectors could specifically
be detected.  Otherwise checking every URI for additional domains
might perhaps require a lot of CPU.  It's probably a good
question for the SpamAssassin folks.

Cheers,