[SURBL-Discuss] Rsync access

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Apr 19 16:46:17 CEST 2005

On Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 7:29:05 AM, Bob Pierce wrote:
> Raymond,

>>> I have sent 3 emails to raymond at prolocation.net and 2 web forms
>>> requesting access from our new server as we will be retiring our old
>>> server. I haven't heard any response back for the past month.
>>
>>You sended a rsync request, and a personal mail _TODAY_ ... just sit
> back
>>and relax. Eventualy we will handle the request.

> I don't believe I was out of order inquiring about this. I sent you
> emails on March 18th, April 6th, and then again this morning. I had not
> heard back from any of them, nor from the earlier web form I probably
> submitted on April 6th. Not knowing whether or not you were still
> responsible for this, I thought I should also post the question to the
> list.

We got your rsync request form on the 6th and today, but the form
does not send a receipt mail back to the requester.  It does
print a response web page, but maybe we could add mail back.
That could be abused however, for example to spam third parties,
so maybe we shouldn't?

> Thanks for looking after this for us,

> Bob.

Indeed.  Thanks for running the rsync server Raymond!  Raymond
also hosts many other things for us, including this mail
reflector and the excellent JP list with Joe Wein.  Many people
are helping out with SURBLs and we're grateful for it!