[SURBL-Discuss] Re: RFC: How to use new data source: URIs advertised through CBL-listed senders

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Tue Apr 19 19:34:17 CEST 2005

Jeff Chan wrote:

> It's hard for me to think of a time when it would be a good
> idea to blacklist legitimate banks, etc.  Most people don't
> want to miss ham from their banks, etc.

Your concept of "black lists" is too black, or in other words
wrong.  Nobody uses say *.whois.rfc-ignorant.org to block all
*.co.uk domains.  That's no reason to close this list, it's
still useful for scoring.

What you can't (or rather shouldn't) do is to _mix_ different
concepts in one combined lists like MULTI actually meant to
block.  But in separate lists you can do anything you like.

For XS I don't see your problem, it could be a part of MULTI.

                        Bye, Frank