[SURBL-Discuss] RE: Research wanted: age of spam gang URI domains

Fri Apr 22 15:05:57 CEST 2005

Off the top of my nogging, I've seen the major guys be about 1-3 days from
registering.

However......

I also saw a pattern a few spammers using ones registered 3 months prior.
This is when I began to theorise that there was possibly a spam domain
service. Someone simply registering domain names full time, then selling
them out to other spammers. I started researching the idea, then got busy on
other stuff.

When things settle I'll try to pick back up on the research. Sorry I don't
have any hard data for you.

--Chris