[SURBL-Discuss] "surgically" blocking certain redirectors

Daryl C. W. O'Shea spamassassin at dostech.ca
Tue Apr 26 17:22:26 CEST 2005

Rob McEwen wrote:
> Jeff said:
> "It is possible to blacklist nina.18.to but not 18.to if nina is owned by
> spammers but 18 is not."
>
> Why not then add certain redirectors to the SURBL lists where the redirector
> is deemed to NOT be found in hams? Specifically, I'm referring to situations
> where we could list redirect.somedomain.com but NOT list somedomain.com

That would require the calling applications to know to do a lookup on
redirect.somedomain.com and not somedomain.com.  SpamAssassin for one
won't do that.

I'm trying to get user configurable redirector pattern matching into the
SA code (bug 4176).  I've got one ISP using it to identify domains being
redirected to via the zdnet redirector with good results.  Hopefully I
can get it in 3.1.

Daryl