[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: Adding SpamBouncer phishing data to ph.surbl.org

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Aug 2 11:00:21 CEST 2005

On Tuesday, August 2, 2005, 12:13:41 AM, Steve Sobol wrote:
> Jeff Chan wrote:
>> Catherine Hampton of SpamBouncer (welcome to the SURBL Discuss
>> list Catherine!) is kindly making available her carefully checked
>> phishing domains and IPs for our inclusion in the SURBL phishing
>> list.  They're not currently added to ph.surbl.org, but the hooks
>> are in place to make it live after some discussion here.

> Outstanding. I get a ton of phishes. The SURBL checks I already use
> (primarily the SpamCop and Spamhaus SBL/XBL checks IIRC) catch most of the
> other crap I get.

Thanks for the feedback.  We're working with a number of data
sources to improve the phishing hit rate.

> The other thing I'd love to figure out is how to reliably tag all the 419
> scams I tend to receive.

> Jeff, if you can make this work, I owe both you and Catherine a keg of beer. :)

I'm told that the latest 3.1.X SpamAssassin catches those pesky
stock spams quite well.  Let's hope they have 419s caught too.

But unless they advertise their own domains, SURBLs can't really
catch either of those types of spam.

Don't harm innocent bystanders.