[SURBL-Discuss] Missing URLs (was: Geocities)

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Sat Aug 13 18:42:39 CEST 2005

Jeff Chan wrote:

> Bill and Rob are right: we don't publish the SURBL whitelist.

Oops, I didn't know that, I've bookmarked the WL-hit link for
this purpose.

Checking my public links I found that http://surbl.org doesn't
work anymore, or maybe it never worked, I'll add the missing
"www." asap.

http://multi.surbl.org also has no IP, that's bad, it should
be an alias of www.surbl.org, and ideally your Web server
should redirect it to a page like lists.html explaining what
"multi" is, or to a page explaining the removal procedure.

That's still best current practice for all WLs and BLs, see
http://purl.net/xyzzy/home/test/draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-01.txt

| Most DNSxLs also contain an A record at the DNSxL's name that
| points to a web server, so that anyone wishing to learn about
| the bad.example.net DNSBL can check http://bad.example.net.

Yes, the ASRG draft expired, but IMHO it's technically okay.

                             Bye, Frank