[SURBL-Discuss] photo.com?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon Aug 29 08:18:56 CEST 2005

On Sunday, August 28, 2005, 1:10:20 PM, Catherine Hampton wrote:
>> Got a spam mentioning photo.com and some chat site.  The chat
>> site may be spammy but does anyone know anything about photo.com?

> Update -- the graphic referenced in the spam run, and the directory
> it was in, are gone from the server/404 compliant.  I think this
> was a compromised server, but it looks like someone got in touch
> with the owners and they took care of it quickly.  (Now, if they'd
> just update their buggy Apache 1.3x software to the latest Apache 2.x,
> that would be perfect.) :)

Thanks for the research Catherine.  I'm going to whitelist
photo.com.  We can always unwhitelist in the unlikely event that
spammers take over or compromise this domain in future.

High value domain names like this generally tend to be pretty
well taken care of, AFIACT.

Don't harm innocent bystanders.