[SURBL-Discuss] cheetahmail / rhsbl.ahbl.org

wolfgang mewolf1 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 31 02:11:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

when experimenting with rhsbl.ahbl.org sender blacklists on MTA level, I
noticed:
 reject_warning: RCPT from mta121.cheetahmail.com[66.165.100.122]: 571 Service
unavailable; Sender address
[bo-byytbuda6faq70bcxwgsmb73r6zqxc at b.apc.chtah.com] blocked using
rhsbl.ahbl.org; Domain used in spam.  Access is not allowed.;

To me, the email seemed to be a valid product hotfix notification from
http://www.apc.com to registered recipients.

What are your experiences with or views about cheetah.com? They appear to be
mass mailers, but also engaged in anti-spam measures / sender verification
acitivities, and what are your experiences with rhsbl.ahbl.org?

I would like to make up my mind
- whether to whitelist cheetah.com mailservers from being blocked on MTA level
in order to avoid FPs when using ahbl
- whether to use rhsbl.ahbl.org to reject mails at the MTA level.

Cheers,

wolfgang