[SURBL-Discuss] One way to handle the Geocities spam

John Graham-Cumming jgc at jgc.org
Thu Dec 1 10:58:39 CET 2005

Jeff Chan wrote:
> Yes, that's an interesting suggestion, that IIRC, has been
> proposed before.

Apologies if it has, I did read the threads on geocities in the archive,
but couldn't see this as a possible solution.

> It would require rewriting SURBL applications
> and some work on the data side also.  It would also require a way
> to signal that paths should be checked and at what level in the
> query (i.e., what subdomain level) the path information is
> encoded.

All true, but I think the SURBL data itself would be backwards
compatible with users who don't implement the geocities code since
they'd just check geocities.com against the SURBL and come up ok.

John.