[SURBL-Discuss] Re: One way to handle the Geocities spam

Eric Montréal erv at mailpeers.net
Sat Dec 3 23:57:19 CET 2005

Jeff Chan wrote:

>On Friday, December 2, 2005, 3:31:41 PM, Eric Montréal wrote:
>

>>I've
>>made my own
>>auto-generated spamassassin rules for both Geocities and Tripod spam.
>>

>>This list is similar in it's principles to the good old BigEvilList ...
>>

>>You can download and test it from there: http://nospam.mailpeers.net/
>>

>>Feedback appreciated (good or bad, in or outside of the list) ...
>>

>This would work, but it could be somewhat difficult to maintain

The list generation / maintenance is somewhat automated and will be even
more if
there is enough interest for it.

What I would need now is a broader set of URLs, since I only have a
partial view of
what's going on at a global level.

>and distribute.

Not sure what you mean by distribution, but if successful, it might need
mirrors.

>  Note that that doesn't mean I think it's a bad
>idea.  Anything that reasonably stops spam is a positive IMO.

Should work as the BigEvil list worked ... until it became too big and
you found a way
to solve the problem ...

In the meantime those rules are easy to add and don't require any change
in Spamassassin.

>Jeff C.
>--
>Don't harm innocent bystanders.