[SURBL-Discuss] Re: One way to handle the Geocities spam

Eric Montréal erv at mailpeers.net
Thu Dec 15 06:05:51 CET 2005

Hi,

Joe Zitnik wrote:

>I like it.  While it hasn't completely nuked the geocities spam we were seeing, it has put a significant dent in it.

Thanks for the comment.

If you want to make it more effective, you need to update the rules very
frequently, since they have a short lifespan.
I just finished an auto update script for them :
http://nospam.mailpeers.net/#script
(It seems to works well, but here too, feedback would be appreciated)

To really make the rules more effective I need to get more raw data.
Some people are already sending me their URLs, but I would need
more of them to get a better coverage.

Regards,

Eric