[SURBL-Discuss] 'Geocities Spam' ... a miracle ?

List Mail User track at Plectere.com
Fri Dec 16 13:47:03 CET 2005

>Hi,
>
>Looks like, after months ignoring the problem, a miracle finally
>happened at Yahoo / Geocities tonight ...
>
>Yesterday, my list of alive Geocities spammy sites was more than 350
>names long.
>
>Tonight it's down to ... 14 Geocities sites ! All others have been shutdown

	Let us hope that some proactive mechanism is now shutting them
down, and that hometown.aol.com doesn't pickup all the slack (where I've
been seen them from recently).  The worse case would have been if they
just downloaded your list and checked and shut those - the 14 left implies
that some other means was used (which is by far preferable).

	Paul Shupak
	track at plectere.com