[SURBL-Discuss] 'Geocities Spam' ... a miracle ?

Justin Mason jm at jmason.org
Fri Dec 16 22:44:01 CET 2005

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Eric_Montr=E9al?= writes:
> Looks like, after months ignoring the problem, a miracle finally
> happened at Yahoo / Geocities tonight ...
>
> Yesterday, my list of alive Geocities spammy sites was more than 350
> names long.
>
> Tonight it's down to ... 14 Geocities sites ! All others have been shutdown
> http://nospam.mailpeers.net/alive_spammy.txt

Hmm.  Unfortunately we're still seeing a lot.  Here's a small selection:

  http://es.geocities.comMUNGED/manuel_skye/
  http://in.geocities.comMUNGED/shannon_mezera/
  http://geocities.yahoo.comMUNGED.br/abraham_gerdeman/
  http://geocities.yahoo.comMUNGED.br/clemente_vaneyck/
  http://uk.geocities.comMUNGED/robert_smull/
  http://it.geocities.comMUNGED/joel_abreu9/
  http://uk.geocities.comMUNGED/z2440azzaai/
  http://geocities.yahoo.comMUNGED.br/elvin_bigda/
  http://uk.geocities.comMUNGED/hayley64368stanwood80846/
  http://geocities.yahoo.comMUNGED.br/leonel_laster/
  http://uk.geocities.comMUNGED/alphonsealexanderhall/

Looks pretty similar; perhaps they've started shutting down accounts on
your list?

--j.