[SURBL-Discuss] The (bad) situation with Yahoo / Geocities.

Guy Rosen Guy.Rosen at bluesecurity.com
Thu Dec 22 10:58:36 CET 2005

We've been compiling and reporting lists of GeoCities sites and from
here too it seems GeoCities isn't handling them well. We compile lists
based on spam reports from our user community, and at one point we even
found around 3,500 (!) live GeoCities spam sites.

Eric, do you know that GeoCities were monitoring your list specifically,
or might they have just shut down a lot of sites that day, regardless of
your list?

Guy Rosen
Lead Analyst, Operations Team
Blue Security