[SURBL-Discuss] The (bad) situation with Yahoo / Geocities.

William Stearns wstearns at pobox.com
Fri Dec 23 05:53:12 CET 2005

Good morning, Eric,

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Eric Montréal wrote:

> Stuart Johnston wrote:
>
>> Eric Montréal wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, is there a script (bash, perl, whatever) that simply decodes URIs and
>>> query SURBL ?
>>
>> There used to be one called getURI at http://ry.ca/geturi/ .  Don't know
>> what happened to it though.
>
> Seems to be exactly what I'm searching for ...
>
> I could not find it elsewhere and wrote to the author. If someone have it
> (and the license allows you
> to share it freely) I'd be glad if you can send it.

 	The license on version 1.6 (the latest I have, although there may
be newer) explicitly permits redistribution of source and binaries.  I've
placed a copy at http://www.stearns.org/geturi/ .
 	Ryan, if you've changed your mind and do not want the software
distributed, please let me know and I'll pull it down as soon as I get an
Internet connection after a Christmas trip.
 	Cheers,
 	- Bill

 	"Anyone who can contemplate quantum mechanics without getting dizzy
hasn't understood it."
 	- Neils Bohr, father of quantum mechanics, in The Code Book, Simon
Singh.