[SURBL-Discuss] The (bad) situation with Yahoo / Geocities.

mouss mouss at netoyen.net
Sun Dec 25 11:22:55 CET 2005

Eric Montréal a écrit :

> [snip]
> But if they did not use the list, that's even better ! It means they
> can, whenever they see fit, remove
> more than 95% of all their spammy sites. Poof ! gone ...
>
> If they can do that, then why don't they *always* do it ?

I guess it's easier for them to determine that a site is bad because it
is listed (on a list they trust) than to check that themselves. If so,
this is a lazy approach.

The least they could do is to setup spam traps to watch for mail
containing their URLs. if the traps are sufficiently protected
(secret/can'tbe guessed), they can even have an automated process.