[SURBL-Discuss] rsync

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Feb 10 02:03:47 CET 2005

On Wednesday, February 9, 2005, 11:41:32 AM, John Delisle wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, at what number of email per day do you recommend
> rsyncing to local DNS?

Most RBLs suggest that the point where it becomes most useful
to rsync zone files and serve them up locally is about 100k
messages per day.  That's the model we also follow with SURBLs.

BTW, we strongly recommend that people use rbldnsd over BIND.
rbldnsd is much better suited to this application.  For more
information please see the Mirroring links under:

  http://www.surbl.org/links.html

Adam, I'm sure Raymond will get your access to rsync going when
he frees up some cycles.

Cheers,