[SURBL-Discuss] FP rate?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sat Feb 12 13:35:42 CET 2005

On Saturday, February 12, 2005, 3:09:46 AM, Alain Alain wrote:
>> > I know that not all FP's are reported and there are
>> > probably no exact numbers, but it should give a good idea.  Or am I
>> > wrong?
>>
>> The FP reports are probably too few overall to be meaningful in
>> terms of differentiating performance between lists.  There just
>> aren't that many, maybe a few a day on average.
>>

> Yes, but I wasn't thinking on differentiating between the lists, there
> are other results for.  What I was thinking on was the number of FP's
> that exists on more than one list.  This is very usefull information
> when combining lists.  If almost no FP's do occur on more than one
> list (at the same time)  requiring appearance on at least 2 lists
> would be a very safe one.

Good point.  Anecdotally, FPs don't tend to appear on multiple
lists very often, at least the FPs we've seen reported.  This is
unmeasured, just a subjective opinion.  If we had some of the
list data in combined form as I had proposed then we could test
it better.  I suppose I could just do it.  ;-)