[SURBL-Discuss] FP rate?

Rob McEwen rob at powerviewsystems.com
Sat Feb 12 14:30:43 CET 2005

Alain:

I like your brainstorming because you just might come up with an idea or two
that I haven't thought of before... so don't let me slow you down too
much....

However, do note that there are some limitations to the "if on more than one
list, probably not an FP" philosophy.

This philosophy works great if the potential FP was due to "stupid human
error" from one guy regarding one list. However, there are a number of
scenarios where a mass mailing spam campaign may trigger a URI to get listed
on multiple SURBL lists, even if that particular URI is found in ham. Of
course, we do all that we can to minimize this possibility... and I believe
that we are doing a great job and we are continually getting better...

But, again, there are diminishing returns to the "if found in multiple SURBL
lists, less change of FP" idea. This is true to an extent, but **not**
always true.

Rob McEwen