[SURBL-Discuss] linkshield(dot)com ?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon Feb 21 14:04:49 CET 2005

On Monday, February 21, 2005, 3:08:27 AM, RD RD wrote:
>> I'm not familiar with it.  Do you have some example uses in spam
>> or ham?

> Just sent you a spample offlist.

OK Got it, and also searched old messages.  It looks like Alex
Broens mentioned this domain in January also.  Looks like a
redirector mostly used for MLM.  Here are some quotes from their
site:

> Watch your commissions skyrocket by protecting your affiliate links
>                          with the click of a mouse!
>
>                    Recommended by Internet Business Gurus
>                        Mark Joyner and Neil Shearing!
>
>    "Awesome little service that's like added insurance people won't poach
>    your affiliate sales."
>    Mark Joyner, #1 Best-Selling Author, "MindControlMarketing.com"
>
>    "As an Affiliate Program Owner with over 9,000 affiliates, I strongly
>    urge all my affiliates to protect their links. Linkshield is the only
>    program I know of which allows affiliates to protect their links
>    without needing their own website. Great job, Sam!
>    Neil Shearing, Ph.D. http://www.scamfreezone. com/"
>
>    The only secure service offering TWO LEVELS of PROTECTION:
>    Completely web-based, no software or website necessary
>
>    [whycloak.gif]
>
>    URL security is the make-or-break hinge of your affiliate marketing
>    promotions. Would you go out to dinner without locking the front door
>    of your house? Don't leave your affiliate advertising vulnerable to
>    hackers!

>    James Martell, author of "James Martell's Affiliate Marketers
>    Handbook" and active member of LinkShield told us:
>
>     I am no longer losing commission to some unscrupulous webmasters. My
>    commission monitoring service proves it! I highly recommend LinkShield
>                     to all serious affiliate marketers.
>        James Martell, Author of "James Martell's Affiliate Marketers
>                       Handbook" - www.jamesmartell.com

That said, I'd be disinclined to list unless it appeared mostly
in spams.  (I know some people consider most MLM to be spam, and
I do also, but somewhat contrary to my own expectation, some
MLMers actually seem to operate ethically at least when it comes
to spam.)

linkshield .com is a 2002 registration with no RBL or SBL but 21
NANAS, apparently affiliate abuse.  Newest in NANAS is about a
month ago.