[SURBL-Discuss] Re: SP91011 your recent report to eBay's Trust and Safety Department (KMM157050156V37604L0KM)

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr
Mon Feb 28 09:48:10 CET 2005

Hello Kevin,

You're right... and wrong...

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> Dear eBay:

> your website.  Does this include child pornography or is that only in
> Europe and places where the age of consent for pornography is under 18?

I don't know why you wrote this, but I don't know where in Europe "consent for
pornography is under 18".

One consequence of spam is the way one people see other people. Maybe most of
spam you receive in US may come from Europe. But the same thing happens on the
other side of ocean : ALL pornographic spam we receive here in France come from
United States. And I'm not talking about zombies inside american networks, but
spam generated at United states. The same apply to drugs without prescription,
and other sexual health enhancers.

So, the goal is to fight spammers, not other countries, as does some stupid
american provider (verizon), who blacklisted all european IPs.

Regards,

Joe