[SURBL-Discuss] DoS Question

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Sat Jan 1 17:30:59 CET 2005

> This isnt something to discuss on the SURBL list, but it looks like you
> either have a dictionary attack going on.

I'm sorry.  I should clarify on list (though I do appreciate the offer of off-list support)

All of these connections do not seem to proceed past the connection startup phase.

I am very used to dictionary attacks having hosted sites and DNS that bring ire from Spammers (formerly www.spamassassin.org and currently just DNS, an SURBL public nameserver, RelayRegistry.org, anti-SPAM How-To's, etc).  This looks like a VERY large distributed Denial of Service attack.

The reason I posted here and I believe it is relevant because it might be against SURBL nameservers and I'm hoping to hear if others are seeing the same issue.

Regards,
KAM