[SURBL-Discuss] Anyone from SPEWS around?

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Fri Jan 7 20:47:10 CET 2005

on Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 08:26:01PM +0100, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> It would be nice if someone with contacts there could delist the netblock.

The thing about SPEWS is that it is anonymously run, and very purposely
so. I have a client who was assigned (by AT&T) a netblock that had been
polluted by "Gaven Stubberfield" when he was using it, and they had a
devil of a time after they set up their outmxen on IPs in that block. My
efforts to reach SPEWS came to naught, but eventually they updated the
listing. I wish I could tell you more, but there are reasons why the
SPEWS team remains anonymous - notably, the spurious lawsuits filed
against a variety of antispammers by lawyers in Florida in an attempt to
determine who was behind SPEWS. I don't blame them for remaining
anonymous, and I only wish they were more reactive to updates. The upshot
for me has been that I simply don't use SPEWS for anything but research.

join us!   http://hesketh.com/about/careers/account_manager.html    join us!