[SURBL-Discuss] Submission

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sun Jan 23 10:38:11 CET 2005

On Saturday, January 22, 2005, 9:05:05 PM, Frank Ellermann wrote:
> Hi, something I saw in a SpamCop discussion:

>  <http://news.spamcop.net/pipermail/spamcop-list/2005-January/096914.html>
> | I don't know of any other method of feeding spamvertised urls to any of
> | the subsections of surbl described here http://www.surbl.org/lists.html

> Apparently that FAQ isn't answered in the FAQ (?).  Therefore I
> tried to find an answer, but that ended with a "403 forbidden"
> causing a "404 not found" for the URL
> <http://www.rulesemporium.com/cgi-bin/?report=1>

Yes, the submission form seems down right now:

> <title>403 Forbidden</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>Forbidden</h1>
> on this server.</p>
> error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
> <hr />
> <address>Apache/2.0.40 Server at www.rulesemporium.com Port 80</address>

Not sure why.  Maybe the SARE ninjas can check it?

> So what is the answer for this FAQ ?  Bye, Frank

Well the answer is in the lists document: different data sources
have different inputs.  SC and AB use SpamCop reports as input.
JP and OB use private traps as input.  WS is a manual list.

That said, I've updated the Lists document slightly to reflect
this and added a FAQ entry also.

  http://www.surbl.org/faq.html#reporting