[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Revisiting high-level 3.1 goals

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon Jan 31 04:15:40 CET 2005

On Sunday, January 30, 2005, 5:14:38 PM, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!

>>> Considering that SA hasn't shipped with JP yet and that those hosts are
>>> already caught in WS (which predates JP), I'd announce that you're
>>> making the change in a week and then make the change.

>> btw, I think requiring people to upgrade ASAP isn't necessarily a great
>> idea; we can avoid it by setting up a new BL for "WS minus JP".  then
>> 3.1.0 can look up
>>
>>    - JP
>>    - WS_minus_JP
>>
>> and existing clients can look up
>>
>>    - WS (which includes JP as before)
>>
>> and upgrade at their leisure...

> What about:

> The seperate zonefile will contain both (WS+JP)

> The multi list, since those seem to can use multi anyway, has the
> seperated sources.

> Bye,
> Raymond.

I'm opposed to creating new lists like this.

Besides, if we're going to ask people to add rules to their
3.0.x, we can just ask them to add:

urirhssub URIBL_JP_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   64
body      URIBL_JP_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_JP_SURBL')
describe  URIBL_JP_SURBL  Has URI in JP at http://www.surbl.org/lists.html
tflags    URIBL_JP_SURBL  net

score URIBL_JP_SURBL    4.0

Right?  ;-)