[SURBL-Discuss] [question] my own surbl list?

List Mail User track at Plectere.com
Thu Jun 9 01:50:07 CEST 2005

>Hello, all.
>
>I have operated SA 3.0.x with surbl.SURBL is best for me.
>and I would like to make my own surbl list for some reason.
>
>So I added zone below. but it seems that this doesn't work.
>
> zone "my.surbl.org" {
>          type master;
>          file "surbl/my.surbl.org.bind";
>  };
>
>and added like below at 25_uribl.cf.
>
>urirhssub       URIBL_MY_SURBL  my.surbl.org.        A   32
>body            URIBL_MY_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_MY_SURBL')
>describe        URIBL_MY_SURBL  Contains an URL listed in the MY SURBL
>blocklist
>tflags          URIBL_MY_SURBL  net
>

>What's the problem?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>What's

	Two problems that probably won't answer your question.

	1) You should not try to be authoritative for a subdomain of
someone else's domain (i.e. surbl.org) unless they delegate it to you.

	In other words, pick a domain like mybl.domain.tld where you
control domain.tld *or* if you don't control a domain of your own, then
choose an invalid tld (e.g. "xyz" or "localdomain") and use a name like
"bl.xyz" for your blacklist's domain.

	2)  Don't add it to "25_uribl.cf" where it will be overwritten
by any upgrade;  Instead put it in your local.cf (it will function the
same way).

	Finally some advice that might help:  Make sure that both you
are using the DNS server you have configured the new domain on, and
check that it is actually serving the new domain (e.g. "dig new_domain
any @my_dns_server" and assuming *nix, that "my_dns_server" is the first
listed in resolv.conf).  It is probably more likely that you have an error
in your zone file or name server config files than in the snippet of SA
config above.

	Good luck,

	Paul Shupak
	track at plectere.com