[SURBL-Discuss] Re: spam from Cricket Liu via postsnet/campai gner (FW: Webinar: Active Directory Best Practices for DNS)

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Mon Jun 13 17:14:46 CEST 2005

on Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 09:47:57AM -0400, Chris Santerre wrote:

> >If you simply bought the list, you may want to familiarize yourself and
> >your marketing team with basic netiquette and guidelines for
> >responsible
> >(as opposed to merely "legal") email marketing. It's 2005 - anyone
> >purchasing so-called "opt-in" lists in this day and age is begging to
> >get blacklisted and have their reputation tarnished.
> >
> >I realize that if you purchased the list you probably can't get me
> >removed from the original - I've come to expect my address to
> >be traded.
> >Frankly, I'm astounded to see someone as apparently net-savvy as you
> >just accepting the idea of purchasing mailing lists. I'm very, very
> >disappointed.
>
> Freaking genius Steve! Great email to him. I hope they *get it*.

<aol>Me, too.</aol>

Cricket says he's going to talk to Marketing about their policies.
He seemed to understand that when they bought the list and spammed
with his name in the From: that it was going towards his reputation;
we'll see whether they actually clean up their act or not.

join us!   http://hesketh.com/about/careers/account_manager.html    join us!