[SURBL-Discuss] Blog comment spam and SURBL

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Jun 21 00:58:00 CEST 2005

On Monday, June 20, 2005, 10:12:07 AM, Steven Champeon wrote:
> on Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 12:30:25PM -0400, Chris Santerre wrote:
>> Jeff has always liked to keep a seperation between Blog and Mail spammers.
>> If he doesn't want them, (He might), we will take them at URIBL.com. We
>> figure there is no difference between the two.

> Maybe, maybe not. In any event, they should be /listed/ separately, if only
> so that those using URIBL to check email message bodies and those who might
> use it to check blog comments can use the lists in appropriate contexts.

We asked folks keeping track of blog spam URIs if those URIs also
appeared in email spams.  The answers were inconclusive.  Some
said they did, others said they didn't.

Since there was not a clear answer, we have not added blog spam
URIs to SURBLs.  We do, however, want to get email spam URIs into
SURBLs.

Don't harm innocent bystanders.